Wednesday, April 17, 2013

portrayals

So many times when we talk to pre-Christians they will say that they believe that there is something bigger and better out there, but they just don't want to have a whole new set of rules and restrictions that they will have to live by. This statement makes me sad mostly because it tells me that they have had exposure to Christians at some point in their life and that exposure was damaging. They were met with a religious, manipulating spirit that told them what they had to give up,quit and leave behind. Instead of being met with love, honor, acceptance and grace. In case y'all missed it Jesus didn't come to condemn or control but to love and to lead us into a relationship with Abba that goes beyond anything that we can imagine. Jesus did what Abba taught Him, said what Abba told Him, and so should we. When we seek Him and pursue and walk in His truth we become free, truly free. Does this give us license to go do whatever we desire? Yes as long as these things line up with what Abba is doing, you see the closer we get to Him the more our hearts and minds will be like His. This close relationship can't be obtained by just reading the Bible, the Bible says we must worship in spirit and in truth we need to have a mixture of both. Abba's desire is for us to be fully alive and free in Him. This is the life that we need to be showing others and not just those outside of the church, but also those that are sitting bound in religion in the church.
John 8:28-32 "So Jesus added, When you have lifted up the Son of Man [on the cross], you will realize (know, understand) that I am He [for Whom you look] and that I do nothing of Myself (of My own accord or on My own authority), but I say [exactly] what My Father has taught Me. And He Who sent Me is ever with Me; My Father has not left Me alone, for I always do what pleases Him. As He said these things, many believed in Him [trusted,  relied on, and adhered to Him]. So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free."

No comments:

Post a Comment