Sunday, April 21, 2019

Because He loves you

As I was sitting here this morning and pondering the impact of Resurrection Day Abba brought something to my mind. A few years ago when we were still in Iowa I was out to lunch with a young man. While we were sitting there a young lady walked in and He "highlighted" her as she walked by. I prayed a little in my head but went back to the conversation at hand. As we were preparing to leave and were paying for lunch I felt Holy Spirit whisper "tell her that I love her". I had a little conversation in my head and He finally said "just do it". So I walked over to her table there was another man sitting there either a dad or uncle. I excused myself for interrupting their lunch and proceeded to tell her that God really wanted her to know that He loves her. She responded with a "I don't believe in God." My reply "well He believes in and loves you, have a nice day and enjoy your lunch." And we left. Occasionally Abba reminds me of this encounter and I pray that the planted seed will germinate and come to life.

This whole encounter was a picture of what Jesus did for us through His death and resurrection. He not only died for us but also as us. He took our place as a final sacrifice, solely because Abba Father loved us so much that He wants us to be back in relationship with Him. Jesus did this for us before we knew Him, before we said yes to Him. He made the ultimate sacrifice so we could make that choice.

For this is how much God loved the world—he gave his one and only, unique Son as a gift. So now everyone who believes in him will never perish but experience everlasting life. “God did not send his Son into the world to judge and condemn the world, but to be its Savior and rescue it! John 3:16‭-‬17

Y'all have an amazing day and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment