Friday, June 28, 2013

a choice

When you read the Psalms you get a really clear picture of the man that David was, many say that God said that David was a man after His own heart was because he was quickly repentant and I believe that was definitely part of it. But repentance alone does not make a man. I also believe that part of what he did that captured Abba's heart was his attitude and how he chose to deal with life. Even when he made some stupid decisions he never lost his site of the Father, when he was feeling down and had some bad days (or years at times), he recognized that through it all Abba still loved him and was there for him. He knew how to be real with God, he would tell Him when he was happy, sad, frustrated, afraid and angry. And yes he would even question God and what He was doing. You really only get to have these conversations when you are in relationship, relationship that is cultivated and invested in where you know without out a doubt that no matter what comes out of your mouth in a moment of passionate discussion will be met with love, a relationship that may mean sitting in a field with a guitar singing, watching sheep and killing predators, or hiding in a cave with a band of brothers that have the same desire and drive for victory, or dancing in your draws because the joy of the Lord is so overwhelming all you can do is dance.

But it all comes down to a choice ...

Psalm 42:7-11 "I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides sweep over me. But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life. “OGod my rock,” I cry, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies?” Their taunts break my bones. They scoff, “Where is this God of yours?” Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment