Saturday, June 29, 2013

leaving the past behind

Ever have one of those weeks where there seems to be more that goes wrong than right? Not anything majorly wrong but a compilation of little things along the way that brings discouragement. In the back of your head you keep saying " I can't wait for Friday to get here", but when it does it feels like a bad Monday on steroids.  So this pretty much sums up my week and then I get up this morning and read this scripture and I felt Abba whisper "I got you". This is one of those scriptures that has so much bigger, deeper meaning but can be applied to your day to day (or in my case week to week).

You need to understand I'm not whining about my week, it was what it was, and yes I had a little pity party last evening and got over it. So now I have a choice, I can choose to wallow in what is behind me or I can choose to learn from what is behind so I can move forward and make some corrections so those things don't happen again. I know that I was created to be a victorious Overcomer and in knowing who I am supposed to be it helps me to pick up and move forward.  So I know what choice I need to make... Do you?

Philippians 3:13-16 "I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward. So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also. Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that."

No comments:

Post a Comment