Thursday, September 19, 2013

vomitted into your destiny

When I first committed my life to Christ one of the first Christian men I met was this guy named Leon, he was a stocky concrete guy, you could tell he had been through stuff, but he had a light in his eyes that I can still see. I shared a little of what I had recently gone through that got me on my knees. He simply put his arm around me, smiled and said sometimes we need to hit bottom before you look up. It was so simple and so freeing. 
When we run from our calling and destiny, it is like running into the deep dark places that cause us to hit bottom and when we choose to cry out to Abba He is quick to forgive and to set us on the shore of our destiny...
Jonah 2:6-10 "I went down to the bottoms and the very roots of the mountains; the earth with its bars closed behind me forever. Yet You have brought up my life from the pit and corruption, O Lord my God. When my soul fainted upon me [crushing me], I earnestly and seriously remembered the Lord; and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple. Those who pay regard to false, useless, and worthless idols forsake their own [Source of] mercy and loving-kindness. But as for me, I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation and deliverance belong to the Lord! And the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land."

No comments:

Post a Comment