Monday, November 12, 2012

Love is not divisive

So this morning my plan was to continue on in Romans 12, but I ended up reading 1 John 3. As I was reading this I kept having a thought; "I know that everyone calls 1 Corinthians 13 the love chapter, but about this one?" So then I had to go read that chapter (I know there could be worse rabbit trails, right?). At first I was thinking well one is Paul's love chapter the other John's, but then thought that was divisive and God's love isn't divisive. So I looked at each chapter for their message. Corinthians connects love with the gifts and the heart of how we function in them and also gives a clear description of what love is. Then in 1 John 3 it shows how we should live and treat others and our obligation to love as children of God and as a response for what Jesus did for us. So now you see that His Word is complete it doesn't divide or separate among His body it all works together to give us a clearer complete picture of His love and how we are to live and function in it.

I John 3:22, 23 - And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

No comments:

Post a Comment