Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving reflections


Isaiah 12:2-5: See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.” With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! In that wonderful day you will sing: “Thank the Lord ! Praise His name! Tell the nations what He has done. Let them know how mighty He is! Sing to The Lord , for He has done wonderful things. Make known His praise around the world.

Today is a day that most of us come together with family and friends to celebrate a day of Thanksgiving. For some today will be about seeing how much turkey and pie can be eaten followed by watching football and hanging out. For some today is a lonely day they are away from friends and family for whatever reason. I encourage you today to reach out to anyone you may know that may be alone on this day of togetherness call them, stop by invite them along to your gatherings.

For many today is a day that many including myself take some time to reflect on the things that they are thankful for. Honestly with how greatly blessed I am the list would be too long, but the highlights are that I have a relationship with the Creator of the universe that has adopted me as His son and I am able to call Him Abba (Daddy), I have a wonderful wife and family including my amazing grandsons, I have wonderful sisters, nephews, nieces, aunts and our spiritual sons and daughters too. And last but not least on this "short" list is the new church family that Abba led us to. As you can see I am truly a blessed and wealthy man.

I want to encourage you today to take some and reflect but more importantly reach out and love someone bless them with kindness let them know they are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment