Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An example for generations

Stephen is one of my Bible heroes, above all things he was recognized as a man "full of God's grace and power". I think that is a description we should all desire. In one of my Bible college classes we had to write what we would want written on our headstones when we die, I don't remember what I wrote but am guessing it had to do with being a good husband and dad (which is still appropriate). But I think now having been known as "a man full of God's grace and power", would encompass that and more. What do you want to be known for? What is legacy you are leaving for future generations? Are you living your lives in a such a way that 2000 years later some one says "I want to be like this guy"?

Acts 6:8-10 - Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed amazing miracles and signs among the people. But one day some men from the Synagogue of Freed Slaves, as it was called, started to debate with him. They were Jews from Cyrene, Alexandria, Cilicia, and the province of Asia. None of them could stand against the wisdom and the Spirit with which Stephen spoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment