Saturday, December 1, 2012

The B-I-B-L-E

One thing that I have noticed since becoming a Christian is that most Christians love anagrams WWJD, FROG and many others. When I was reading this Scripture this morning one of these anagrams popped into my head, Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Then after I started thinking about I came to the conclusion that the anagram really does the Bible disservice. When I read that I think this is something that will just get us by 'til the end comes and if I figure out the basics I might make it through, kinda like I just got the Cliff notes. It is soooo much more than that. The Complete Guide For Everything Of Importance In Our Pursuit Of A Relationship With Abba And For Expanding His Kingdom By Following Christ, doesn't make a very good anagram and still doesn't explain the fullness of what it is we have available to us especially when we ask the Holy Spirit to breath on it and give it life as we read it.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness]. Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action), So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment