Thursday, December 6, 2012

benefits of obedience

Anyone that spends time with me at some point will here me talk about the importance of our not only being obedient but being quickly obedient to the Father. Doing this brings us joy, keeps us from sin and helps us (including young people) to stay pure.
Psalm 119:1-12  "Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully. Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees! Then I will not be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands. As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should! I will obey your decrees. Please don’t give up on me! How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. I have tried hard to find you— don’t let me wander from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. I praise you, OLORD; teach me your decrees."

No comments:

Post a Comment