Monday, December 10, 2012

fulfillment

The end of Genesis 11 has a part of Abraham's life that generally tends to be skipped over, but when you read it in conjunction with the beginning of chapter 12 it sheds light on the heart of the Father and Him making possible His promise and purpose for our lives.
Genesis 11:31-32 "One day Terah took his son Abram, his daughter-in-law Sarai (his son Abram’s wife), and his grandson Lot (his son Haran’s child) and moved away from Ur of the Chaldeans. He was headed for the land of Canaan, but they stopped at Haran and settled there. Terah lived for 205years and died while still in Haran."
You see Abram had been put on the path to Canaan by his earthly father, but for whatever reason he only went part way and settled. Unfortunately for Terah he died in the place where he settled, without fulfilling the vision he had for where he and his family was supposed to go.
Genesis 12:1-4 "The LORD had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.” So Abram departed as the LORD had instructed, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he left Haran."
What I see in this promise that Abram received from Abba is that if you follow Me and go where I lead you not only will I bless you, I will bring you into the land that your father desired but could not obtain. I will bring you into your land of promise and destiny.
Lord God I thank You that You are a fulfiller of promises and You are not only the redeemer of our souls but also the redeemer of visions and goals that we are unable to reach on our own.

1 comment: