Tuesday, February 26, 2013

choosing who we trust

I think there are many that become wary or even afraid of the Holy Spirit, mostly because of gift abuse or sheep abuse, where people misuse the Holy Spirit for personal gain or use the gifts to manipulate and control others. However, when you look at the names that Jesus gave the Holy Spirit you don't see manipulator in the list what you do see is this; Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate,  Strengthener, Standby. Personally I welcome the Holy Spirit and everything that comes with Him, its not always easy and sometimes the things He leads you to do or deal are a little scary, but that is when trust and faith come in. We need to do what Jesus told us to do through the power of the Holy Spirit we can take control of our hearts and not let them be troubled or afraid. That is a choice we have to make and in doing so we can overcome fear and dispel manipulators.
John 14:26-27 "But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate,  Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]"

No comments:

Post a Comment