Tuesday, January 1, 2013

hope for the new year

"Let your Yes be simply Yes, and your No be simply No; anything more than that comes from the evil one." Matthew 5:37
Well the time is here again when many are making their New Years resolutions. So many times these resolutions become unachievable goals and the failure to reach them become a joke. Or they are used to quit smoking, drinking or eating poorly, unfortunately there is the underlying expectation of failure. Personally I have never really been one to make these resolutions, partially because I don't like  setting myself up for failure but also I am more apt to succeed at something if I quietly make the choice and just do it. But one thing that has been impressed on me this morning is how many of us truly seek Abba and what it is that He wants for us. And in reading the verses below in Lamentations really spoke to me about what I need to do, I need to hope in Him more, I need to seek Him more and I need to wait expectantly for Him. I recognize that this isn't something that's just for the new year, but it is meant to be a life style and not just for me but for all that follow Christ.
Lamentations 3:21-25 "But this I recall and therefore have I hope and expectation: It is because of the Lord’s mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and  require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God’s word]."

No comments:

Post a Comment