Saturday, January 26, 2013

it's a matter of trust

"But instantly He spoke to them, saying, Take courage! I AM!  Stop being afraid! And Peter answered Him, Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water. He said, Come! So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water, and he came toward Jesus." Matthew 14:27-29
Do you ever get discouraged and frustrated with the stuff that happens as part of life? What do you do with discouragement?  I would say that the majority of us at some point or another will have a little woe is me pity party. Jesus knew it would be hard. He told us that it would be hard for us, just as it was for Him. He asks us to stick with Him, to keep our focus on Him. Scripture after Scripture encourages us to trust in the Lord. Making a difference in the lives of others doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a daily commitment, a lifestyle. Do you let your discouragement separate you from God? Or do you trust Him to be there with you as you work through it?
There is something about this verse in Psalm 27 especially where it says "let your heart be stout and enduring" that makes something inside say I can get through anything that life throws at me because I am a victorious overcomer and I was created to stand strong because the Creator of the universe is for me.  (I can almost hear my cousin Harry giving a big oorah)
Psalm 27:14 "Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment