Wednesday, July 3, 2013

love & obedience

In this scripture Jesus is telling us that if own and understand the things He has told us to to do (His commands) and that when we are obedient to these things it is proof that we love Him. There are two things that I ask myself here, "what is it that He commands?" and "who do we need to give proof too?"

Let's start with the commands Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’This is the first and great commandment.   And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’; so the greatest thing for us to do is love.  Then Jesus says:"Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” and then He says: "And He said to them,  “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

So to sum it up we are to love God, love others, make disciples, teach them how to love, and share the gospel which is about love. Are you catching the theme here?
Now for my second question "who do we need to give proof too?". Well my immediate head response is that God knows my heart why would I need to prove it to Him, but my heart response reflects on my daughters and grandsons and that thing I get deep inside when I hear them say " I love you daddy or Papa". Sometimes we forget that God is emotional and He loves to know that we love Him and to hear it and see it. There are others that need the proof too, those that have not experienced the heart of the Father and especially the ones that have been damaged by religious spirits.

So how about being obedient today and love some people and show them Abba's heart.

John 14:21-24 "The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.] Judas, not Iscariot, asked Him, Lord, how is it that You will reveal Yourself [make Yourself real] to us and not to the world? Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him. Anyone who does not [really] love Me does not observe and obey My teaching. And the teaching which you hear and heed is not Mine, but [comes] from the Father Who sent Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment