Friday, July 26, 2013

who ya gonna fear?

It seems for some reason that I know several folks that would be labeled conspiracy theorists. While there may be some truth to some of what they say, I find that they live in constant fear. Fear of the unknown or hidden secrets. Sometimes they produce more propaganda than the goofed up media system they always seem to be at odds with. But what I see is they both use the same tactics, they both use fear to invoke emotional responses from their audience. Don't get me wrong I think we should be informed of what's going on around us, but we need to be careful of where we get our info. When I watch the news it is usually to check the weather and catch up on sports. I try to find other sources for the "news". But we need to be careful that we watch for the spin that is used to support opinion. I have found the best spin filter is the Holy Spirit yep I'm serious He is the source of Truth and discerner of hearts.  So why would you not rely on Him?  When it comes down to it when we fully trust in God fear of the things of the world has no place in our lives. We need to be different and bring a balance that is based on Abba's heart and not emotion driven fear.

Isaiah 8:11-13 "The LORD has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, “Don’t call everything a conspiracy, like they do, and don’t live in dread of what frightens them. Make the LORD of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble."

No comments:

Post a Comment